Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Kabaddi Player Beaten Up Allegedly After She Complained Against Harassers

Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh:  A national level Kabaddi player is severely wounded after being attacked allegedly after she complained against two men for harassing her.

Dolly Singh, who is in the national team and trains in Delhi, was beaten up in Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh last week.


She says two men in her village who had sexually harassed her last month are behind the attack. They targeted her because she complained, says Dolly.


On June 15, the teen was allegedly beaten up by a dozen men who ransacked her family’s home and shop. The assault resulted in a cracked nose besides other injuries.


“They entered and started beating me. I was beaten mercilessly and my clothes also got torn. I was hurt as well,” Dolly said.     


She reportedly went to the police to file a complaint or First Information Report, but the medical test was not done properly and she had to go to a private doctor.


“Last month, when I was at home in our locality Ujala Thakur and Rishi Gandhi had teased me. I resisted them and then I went back to my work. I am taking coaching at Orai. When I returned, on 15th evening they came to know I was at home. 10 to 12 men came at around 6:30 pm and thrashed me,” Dolly said.


An FIR has been filed. The attackers are missing.


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 NDTV Hindi News - Get the latest update here All Right Reserved